I’ve never forgotten the episode of Sex and the City when Jack Berger breaks up with Carrie Bradshaw on a yellow Post-It Note, nor have I been able to look at real-life actor Ron Livingston the same way since. The book by author Greg Behrendt of the same name was a best seller, and the title just stuck. Here are some he’s just not that into you signs and advice.
- He Doesn’t Ask You Out on Valentine’s Day. If this isn’t a sign, I don’t know what it is. But if he gets desperate the day of, your answer is: “I already have plans.”
- You Call Him First and Make Plans. That’s your queue to move on like the new year.
- He Flirts with Other Women in Your Presence. He may be charming, but to flirt with others is disrespectful.
- He Hasn’t Introduced You to His Friends. If you are important to him, an introduction to them would mean interest.
- He Hasn’t Done Anything Nice for You. Chances are, flowers or champagne will not be happening on the most romantic day of the year.
- It’s All About Him. In conversation, it’s always about him, and he never bothers to ask anything about you.
- He’s Not Looking for a Relationship. Warning signs that he just wants to be friends: he’s made it clear that he’s focusing on his career, not his love life.
- Go With Your Instinct. Women have the advantage over men with their gut instinct. To avoid getting hurt, listen to it.
My 2020 Valentines from The San Francisco Conservatory of Music honoring Barbara Eden.