Dinner in the wine country for 50.
- Think the golden rule and treat your server as you would want to be treated – with respect. Working in the service industry is tough, so be kind to your server.
- The nicer you are to your server, the better service you’ll receive. Remember, sometimes things are beyond the control of the wait staff, such as problems in the kitchen.
- Take care of your server if they do a good job. TIP means “to ensure prompt service.” If you receive great service, give a good tip!
- Tell your server if you have to leave at a certain time. Let your server know if you’re on a schedule, but also make sure that schedule is a reasonable one.
- Tell the restaurant ahead of time if you’re celebrating a birthday. With Open Table and other online reservation apps, you can ask for special treatment ahead of time. Never put your server on the spot at the last minute.