Skip to content
- Server. Instead of being served you serve yourself; this may include opening your own bottle.
- Fresh Air. Most tastings will be done outdoors.
- Groups. Less is more, so six or less in a group and six feet apart, please.
- Food. Food is now required in order to taste the wines. Also, I bet that jars of breadsticks will be nowhere in sight.
- Virtual Tastings. With the level of increased sanitization and efforts to reduce contact, virtual tasting allows you to have your wine and distance to.
- Time Slotted Tastings. Reservations by appointment only; it’s the perfect way to manage crowds.
- Look For Visual Clues. Is there hand sanitizer on the table? Is the staff wearing masks? Are the tables being cleaned in between tastings?
- BYOG. Some wineries are requiring that you buy your glass to taste.
- Contactless Menus. Restaurants are using online menus to order, so why not wineries?
- Self–Serve. Guests may be required to refill their own glasses. Their hands, their germs.