Don’t be shocked at your party if the unimaginable happens. I’ve never hosted a party, or have been to a party where there were no inappropriate actions, special requests, or rude behavior. But, It’s how you handle the situation that counts.
Here are a few common mistakes party guests make:
- They don’t RSVP but still show up.
- They show up an hour late.
- They bring a plus one when only one was invited.
- They fail to bring a hostess gift.
- They insist on drinking the wine they brought as a gift.
- They switch place cards at the table (tacky).
- They salt and pepper their food before tasting it.
- They wipe their nose with a napkin at the table.
- They flirt with one of your guests who are married.
- They give an unexpectedly inappropriate toast.
Party time with my parents!