And the winners are? It’s that time of year: the Academy Awards. If you’re like many, you’ll want to see all the films nominated before the show. Here are some rules to make your movie theatre experience more enjoyable:
• Validate your parking ticket before the movie begins so you won’t forget after the film or get caught in long lines.
• Silence is Golden. Turn off all electronic devices before the movie begins. Even checking your messages or texting distracts your neighbors.
• If you need to make a call, excuse yourself to the lobby.
• It’s okay to chat during the movie trailers and endless commercials. However, if you’re asked to sh, that’s okay too.
• Never talk in the theatre once the movie begins.
• Popcorn and candy wrappers can be quite noisy. Keep the chomping and unwrapping to a minimum, especially during quiet movie scenes.
• Never bring babies or children to the movies. If you can’t get a babysitter, watch a DVD, but don’t ruin the experience for others.
• Avoid storing coats and purses on empty chairs or saving seats for your friends.
• If someone is talking loudly or using their phone, don’t confront them. Ask the theater staff for assistance.
• Take candy wrappers, cups, and popcorn bags with you when you leave so the seat and surrounding area are clean for the next guest.
• Be courteous to those around you, and enjoy the film!
http://188.8.131.52/~expertet/wp-content/uploads/about-lisa.jpg Lisa Mirza Grotts is a recognized etiquette expert, an on-air contributor, and the author of A Traveler’s Passport to Etiquette. She is a former director of protocol for the city and county of San Francisco and the founder and CEO of The AML Group (Lisagrotts.com), certified etiquette and protocol consultants. Her clients range from Stanford Hospital to Cornell University and Levi Strauss. She has been quoted by Condé Nast Traveler, InStyle magazine, the Los Angeles Times, and the New York Times. To learn more about Lisa, follow her on Twitter.com/LisaGrotts and Facebook.com/LisaGrotts
Follow Lisa Mirza Grotts on Twitter.