The end of each year and the beginning of the next is a great time for reflection about life, gratitude, health, or whatever needs movement in your life. While etiquette is not an obligation, the rules of polite behavior should follow us wherever we go. Here is a reminder of some etiquette rules that never go out of style. Never.
Happy 20’23’ New Year Rules:
- Stay in your own lane.
- Make eye contact and smile.
- Send thank you notes.
- Be punctual and positive.
- Stand when greeting people.
- Rsvp before it’s too late.
- Never point at anyone.
- Say “please”, “thank you,” “excuse me”…
- Dress to impress.
- Never make calls too early or too late.
- Cover your mouth when coughing and wear a mask.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Wait for your host before ordering or eating.
- Never season food without first tasting.
- Talk tasteful topics only.
- Less is more whenever you leave the table.
- Bring a hostess gift.
- Eat with your mouth closed.
- Listen before speaking.
- Don’t be boastful or arrogant.
- Never criticize, complain, or claim to know everything.
- Give genuine compliments.
- Be kind so you never have to rewind.