Travelers’ rights are an oxymoron. We pay more and more for travel, yet we get less and less. According to the Department of Transportation, there’s only a 1% chance that your luggage will be lost or misplaced. However, when this happens, it seems like the end of the world. Here’s how to lower the odds:
- Tag your luggage and take a photo of it just in case. Photos speak louder than words.
- It’s an overkill, but If you keep a list of what you pack and have it handy – cha-ching!
- Report the loss before you leave the airport. This will make life a lot easier.
- When the luggage is found, insist that it be delivered to your home. Make sure you get all the contact information as to who will be delivering your bags.
- Always carry on medicines, important paperwork, and family jewels. In other words, anything that cannot be replaced.