Who gets the check, and when? It all depends on the situation, the invite, and more.
Read along to find out who gets the check when…
- You make the invite: You.
- You are invited out: Them.
- A man asks out a woman: On a first date – the man. Call me old-fashioned.
- Two friends make a date: Share the cost unless one is feeling generous.
- You’re at a business meeting. If you initiate the meal, you pay.
- When you’re invited to a birthday dinner: The host
- You want to be generous: You. What goes around comes around.
- Your regular group goes out to dinner: Spit.
- When a couple takes a friend: The couple pays, but the single person will most likely offer to pay.
- You’re invited out, but when the check comes, they ask you to pay: Just do it and don’t accept an invite from them in the future.
My dad got the check for the 2012 World Series!