Our country is deeply divided. The political process wouldn’t take place without differing opinions, yet we are losing our basic right to speak up. Healthy dialogue has been replaced by intolerance on both sides of the aisle. Political activism may be your thing, but keep ... Read More »
1. Explain The Election Process
- Start with the basics: From the requirements to be a candidate and primaries, to the national conventions and electoral college.
- Test their knowledge and quiz them on how many electoral votes are at stake in their ... Read More »
My dear friend Merla Zellerbach died six years ago. Merla was a mentor to me, and gave me my first writing assignment at the Nob Hill Gazette where she was Editor-in-chief. She was a force in her own right: Attended Stanford, wrote 13 novels plus 5 self-help books, ... Read More »
Millions of Americans embrace worship as an essential part of life; This is what it means to be a community of faith. But as we have been aware since Easter Sunday, a congregation of people also presents a risk for increasing the spread of Coronavirus. Safety ... Read More »
1. Flexibility: Our new world will require flexibility. It’s not the time to make judgement calls about the behavior of others. Focus on your own behavior, which is what counts.
2. Schools and Workplace: Both have implemented tele-schooling and tele-working.
3. Read More »
New dining etiquette rules will require trust, flexibility and patience because they are new and unfamiliar. Our stepping out moment has finally come, yet many people are apprehensive about dining out because home has been their safe place for so long. Further, we cannot always count ... Read More »
- Mobile check-in: Think hotel apps for a contactless check-in process.
- Buffets: Goodbye buffets, hello room service. The same goes for mini bars and grab and go dining.
- Bellhop: Less will be more when it comes to luggage as ... Read More »
- Check In: There will be controlled measures such as screening, disinfectant protocols and plenty of hand sanitizer.
- Weights: Staff will be required to wear gloves and masks, but it’s not a bad idea for members. Weights are so often touched ... Read More »
Sol Sisters Spa Week
One of my favorite places on planet earth is Rancho La Puerta in Tecate, Mexico. I have been a spa guest for 20 years but never with my best friends, and I so wanted to share this special place with them.
Read More »
- Server. Instead of being served you serve yourself; this may include opening your own bottle.
- Fresh Air. Most tastings will be done outdoors.
- Groups. Less is more, so six or less in a group and six feet apart, please. ... Read More »