You’ve planned that all-important power lunch. The ask has been made, but that’s just the beginning. Here are some questions and answers to make it a success.
- When is it okay to start talking business? If business has not been discussed by ... Read More »
What to Say If You’re Asked for a Loan?
- If you’re going to lend money, there needs to be ground rules so things won’t be awkward.
- Be firm and employ a script if you have to. Time will be the enemy if your requests ... Read More »
Travelers’ rights are an oxymoron. We pay more and more for travel, yet we get less and less. According to the Department of Transportation, there’s only a 1% chance that your luggage will be lost or misplaced. However, when this happens, it seems like the end of the world. Here’s ... Read More »
Emails should be short, not essays. This is especially true with the number of emails we receive. Here are a few tips on sending and receiving emails so your message will be read:
- Focus on your message and get it across quickly, and one subject at a time.
- Links ... Read More »
The sky isn’t so friendly for passengers, but friendly or not, safety comes first. If you’re able to assist in case of an emergency - wonderful! So who should not be seated in an exit row?
1. Children under 15 years of age.
2. Passengers with pets.
3. ... Read More »
Friendships can be tricky, and social media only adds to the false allure that my life is better than yours because of a posting while in Paris. Of course, you were in Paris, Texas, but online perception has become the new reality.
Friendship is a two-way ... Read More »
Thomas Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. We all strive to be polite and practice common courtesy. However, sometimes we make mistakes, and often unconsciously.
Paying attention to these 10 blunders will help you be socially successful.
- Wiping Your Nose with Your Napkin. That’s what ... Read More »
Sometimes we are rude without even knowing it. In general, stay away from topics that are controversial, like politics or religion. And whether you know another person well or not, some questions should never be asked.
Here are some dangerous remarks that can come across as nosy, mean, or “Oops! ... Read More »